Asking Questions To Hiring Managers
A well-informed candidate is likely to result in a better match and ensures the best use of your time. And despite your best efforts the job description is only a starting point, not the end.
So, we like to ask you questions, and get more clarity at the outset. This helps us assess candidates who are a good fit as well provide clarifications to candidates. We do this early on to avoid surprises and disappointment all around.
Here is a sampling of the questions we have found to be most useful to in defining a role better.
Company culture, team dynamics and your personal working style as hiring manager all come into play. We believe all these define what you are looking for in the ideal candidate. It’s not just the tech. skills.
We have a structured questionnaire to understand the full picture before we get to work for you.
5 Questions to understand the role
- In the first 30 to 90 days what are the key projects?
- What does a typical day look like?
- What teams would the candidate be working with?
- Is this a new role?
- Are there any changes anticipated in the next 6 to 12 months?
Team & Collaboration
- Which teams will the candidate work with?
- Who will be the reporting manager?
- Is this an Individual Contributor role or involves Managing a team?
- What is the remote working plan beyond Covid-19?
Culture & Growth Opportunity
- What is unique about the company culture?
- How do you see the growth trajectory for the company?
- What excites you the most about the company’s future?
- What do you see in store for a top performer in this role?